Dinosaurs of Creation – 4000 B.C. (Unit Study)
**We believe in “Young Earth Creationism” and teach from that viewpoint. In this section, we explore the idea that dinosaurs roamed the earth at the same time as humans. If you have an issue with these views feel free to skip over that particular material or the first few units that will discuss those views and move on down the timeline to a time period with less controversy. Thanks!
Read these interesting articles:
- Dinosaurs and Humans
- Mesopotamian Monsters in Paris
- History’s Evidence of Dinosaurs and Men
- Ancient Dinosaur Depictions
Answers in Genesis
- Dinosaurs and the Bible
- What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs?
- Why Don’t We Find Human & Dinosaur Fossils Together?
- Did Dinosaurs Turn Into Birds?
- How Can We Use Dinosaurs to Spread the Creation Gospel Message?
- Discovery:Chronology of Discoveries
- What kinds of geographical landscapes have dinosaur fossils been found?
- What types of climates ( Study Intro to Climates) ?
- Print out a world map (HERE) Make a map legend and label diverse landscapes and climates and several dinosaur discoveries within those parameters.
- Dinosaur Bones in America (Interactive map)
This subject is not necessarily “theme” based but I will have at least one section that ties in the theme.
- Math in Archaeology Using this knowledge measure your own steps and calculate your height, was it close?
- Factoring. Do the Free Exercises and Worksheets for this lesson.
- Khan Academy exercises Factor Pairs (Lessons and practice)
- Play Around Time Factors – Millionaire Game
- Prime Factorization.
- Khan Academy exercises Prime Factorization (Lessons and practice)
- Play Around Time Prime Factorization Game
the study of grammar, composition, spelling, and (sometimes) public speaking,
English Grammar 101 learn about pronouns.
- Lesson 1: Personal Pronouns
- Lesson 2: Cases of Personal Pronouns
- Lesson 3: Challenging Uses of Cases
- Review: Pronoun Cases
- Lesson 4: Reflexive and Intensive Pronouns
- Lesson 5: Interrogative Pronouns
- Lesson 6: Demonstrative Pronouns
- Lesson 7: Relative Pronouns
- Lesson 8: Indefinite Pronouns
- Review: Types of Pronouns
- Lesson 9: Pronoun Agreement
- Lesson 10: Challenges in Pronoun Agreement
- Lesson 11: Indefinite Pronoun Agreement
- Review: Pronoun Agreement
- Review: Pronouns
- Learn how to debate (HERE) (Language Arts)
- Debate the following question: Were dinosaurs living at the same time as humans?
- Keep a vocabulary notebook and write down and define words you do not know!
- SAT Vocabulary Lists in Alphabetical Order (work through the list at 5 words a day) Try to use them in sentences about dinosaurs.
Vocabulary in other subjects:
- Bible Reading Job 40:15-41
- Genres of Literature. Pick a genre, use it to express an idea about Dinosaurs.
Extra reading suggestions for this time era:
- Learn about Taxonomy (HERE)
- Practice Dinosaur Taxonomy, look at the facts (HERE) chart them into groups (Taxonomy Classifying Sheet)
- Watch this Disney Documentary Dragons or Dinosaurs: Creation or Evolution (1:06 hrs)
- Sewing Easy Dino Stuffed Toy Make a few and give away to kiddos you know!
Learn How to Decorate Cookies with this cute T-Rex Cookie Tutorial
Tea “Cake” Recipe make it Dinosaur themed by lightly pressing the footprint of a toy dinosaur into the dough before baking!
Job 41:1 “Can you draw out Leviathan with a fishhook or press down his tongue with a cord?
- Look at Paleo-Hebrew Script Try to decipher these picture from The Los Lunas Decalogue Stone. Remember Hebrew reads from right to left.
- Learn a Language:
Online Free Spanish
Arts & Crafts
- Make a free at WordPress Blog and blog about the topics you learn about each unit! (English Writing)
- Make a video, edit, and Post it to YouTube! Ours is Oh Happy Daze’s Channel! Maybe make your own dinosaur documentary!
Field Trip Ideas
- Find a nearby Museum of Natural History that includes paleontology (Science) Print another (Taxonomy Classifying Sheet) to take along and practice classifying.
- Go to a nearby dinosaur dig site like the Waco Mammoth National Monument Use this travel log (For Waco site only) (Science)
Always be willing to further explore any topics your child shows interest in!!!
I hope you enjoy our unit study!!
Have a blessed time learning!
Ads that are displayed below this point are NOT my ads but those of WordPress.com and are not necessarily approved or supported by Becky Husband or Oh Happy Daze If you saw an inappropriate ad, please report it!!