Creation – 4000 B.C. (Unit Study)
Use a Digital Interactive Notebook copy : Creation – 4000 B.C.
**We believe in “Young Earth Creationism” and teach from that viewpoint. If you have an issue with this view feel free to skip over the first few units that will discuss that view and move on down the timeline to a time with less controversy. Thanks!
I may use resources that talk about “The Big Bang Theory.” I simply explain to my kids the timing is off and what the word “theory” means. I find no problem with this because I believe that God said, “Let there be light!” and *BANG* there was light! The “bang” that evolutionists believe in, came after the spoken word of GOD!
Controversial as the movie Noah was, I really like how he told the story of Creation. Watch the clip! Here is a great article that helps explain some of the controversial points of the movie in case you are interested. Daily News: The ‘Noah’ Movie Controversies.
Intro to our unit:
The Creation – Genesis 1-2:3 (Literature & History)
Read the Historical account of Creation in Genesis 1:1-2:3
is covered under Art & Technology sections by learning and integrating some of these geographical terms into projects.
- Watch “The Dawn of Numbers”
- Some Place Value Review Place Value. Do the Free Exercises and Worksheets for this lesson.
- Khan Academy exercises Numbers in Expanded Form
- Play Around Time Place Value Games
- How Young Is the Earth? Applying Simple Math to Data Provided in Genesis
English Grammar 101 learn about nouns.
- Lesson 1: What Is a Noun?
- Lesson 2: Common and Proper Nouns
- Lesson 3: Singular and Plural Nouns 1
- Lesson 4: Singular and Plural Nouns 2
- Lesson 5: Irregular Plural Nouns
- Lesson 6: Compound Nouns
- Lesson 7: Collective Nouns
- Lesson 8: Possessive Nouns
- Lesson 9: Classifying Nouns
- Review: Nouns
Find the different types of nouns (above) in Genesis Chapter 1, write them in a notebook and label them by their type. Diagram a few verses and I use Sentence Diagrammer App for Windows to check work.
The first set of Commandments God Gave…
And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
- Cite evidence Learn how to cite (HERE) Use this program to check your citations:EasyBib.
- Need to know how to write an essay? Watch THIS.
- What does it mean to subdue the earth and have dominion over the living things on the earth?
- Read this article and write a five paragraph essay on the following question:
- THE QUESTION:How are we, as Believers, supposed to “ subdue the Earth and have dominion over the living things” in the manner God intended?
Keep a vocabulary notebook and write down and define words you do not know!
Vocabulary in other subjects:
Cursive Practice Verses in Genesis 1. Need help? Use This Cursive Generator.
- Bible Reading Genesis 1:1-2:3
- Learn about poetry. Write a poem about Creation, recite it for the family.
- Discuss how The Bible Came to Us as oral history was passed down in the form of oral stories from generation to generation.
- Read the poem The Creation and about the author James Weldon Johnson.
- Listen to a reading of The Creation, like a story.
- Another reading of The Creation by Wintley Phipps, like a sermon.
Extra reading suggestions for this time era:
- Read an article Genesis And Science: More Aligned Than You Think? ( parent preview first due to questionable side ads, read aloud to kids)
- Solar System Video
- Earth Video
- Is “carbon dating” an accurate way to put a timestamp on history. (Chemistry)
Carbon-14 Dating from Answers in Genesis
- Carbon -14 Dating from Christian Answers .net
Genesis 1:29 And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.
Learn to Read Sheet Music (HERE)
Arts & Crafts
- Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel
- Create Art
Have the kids work together to make a 7 Days of Creation Album of their art! Allow them to choose what types art media they want to use, mix it up, use various types and styles! Creativity is key in personal expression! (Example below)
- Study the different mediums available <–check out this link from “Art Is Fun!”
- Sketch The Garden of Eden. Learn and integrate some of these geographical terms. (Geography)
- Make a Diorama of the Garden of Eden. How to make a diorama. Learn and integrate some of these geographical terms. (Geography)
(I absolutely love the above art!! Click image to visit this beautiful blog I am using as an example!)
- Minecraft: Create a Garden of Eden (Example) Learn and integrate some of these geographical terms. (Geography)
- Make a free at WordPress Blog and blog about the topics you learn about each unit! (English Writing)
- Make a video, edit, and post it on YouTube! Ours is Oh Happy Daze’s Channel!
Field Trip Ideas
Always look up the place you will visit before you go! Look to see if they offer a printable field trip guide or lesson plan sheets to help keep kids on task learning and fully exploring the experience of the outing.
- Visit a Botanical Garden (Use this Botanical Garden lesson plan) (Science)
- Visit a Zoo (Use this Zoo Lesson Plan) (Science)
- Visit a Space Observatory or Planetarium (Check out these links to broaden your learning on your field trip))
Other Related Links
I hope you enjoy our unit study!!
Have a blessed time learning!
Ads that are displayed below this point are NOT my ads but those of WordPress.com and are not necessarily approved or supported by Becky Husband or Oh Happy Daze If you saw an inappropriate ad, please report it!!